Friday, December 2, 2011

OH BOY! Christmas Times' A'comin'!

Oh beloved readers. Be watching. Christmas has arrived at the Country House and it is loverly. Be watching. My picture post is coming tomorrow and I just. can't. wait. I've been working, working, working and had some EXTRAORDINARY luck this year in that I got a FREE mint condition WHITE SPARKLY 6' tree. Yes. I know. I KNOW!!!! It's beautiful and this means that I FINALLY will have my very own, very gorgeous pink and white (maybe with some green?) Christmas tree!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. I KNOW! I mean...it's going to be a WEE sparse at first because I don't have a TON of pink ornaments yet (YET.) but the ones I DO have are fabu and I can't wait to put them on a gorgeous SPARKLY white tree. Seriously.

Yeah. I have no business living in the country. 

BUT! If it makes you feel better about my chances of surviving out here, I DID do a red and green tree and then our main tree is gold and silver with our nativities on it. Sorry, shoulda said, "Spoiler alert." Ah well.

I can't wait to show you. For real.

The post may be up late-ish if it isn't up by afternoon because hubs and I are participating in our church's Nativity Exhibit tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to, and so we might get back home late. We're singing in a choral number and then we'll end up hanging around to see some of the over 500 (!!!) nativities on display. I collect nativities myself (although I don't have nearly that many...it's good to have something to aspire to...lol), so it's always amazing to see them all displayed.

Not only that, but it's a really beautiful, peaceful way to start the Christmas season. The rooms are softly lit with beautiful Christmas music playing in the background, some of the nativities (especially those from war-torn or poverty-stricken countries) have really beautiful stories behind their creation which are typed out on cards next to the nativity so you can read about them, and there's a lovely pageant on the Friday night that it opens (which I mentioned hubby and I are singing in). It's just a lovely break from list-making, frantic meal planning, stressed-out shopping, and finally melting down in front of a Hallmark movie with a box of Thin Mints on your lap. 

So I'll see you tomorrow with pics of my very first Country House Christmas. I CAN'T WAIT! Wish us luck with the pageant!

No comments:

Post a Comment