Monday, August 27, 2012

A Meal For Monday - My Birthday Meal!

It's the week of my birthday, which means that I'm going to give you a preview of what we'll be eating on the 30th! See, my family has a tradition where the birthday boy or girl gets to choose whatever they want for dinner on their birthday and no one gets to complain about it. It's one of my favorite parts of my birthday because I get to make my favorite thing in all the world that my mom used to make us when I was growing up:

Tuna Noodle Casserole and Orange Carrot Jell-O Salad!

I know. Believe me, I know.
But bear with me! It's honestly really good!

Ingredients:
2 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
3 12oz cans of chunk light tuna fish in water
4 full cups of pasta (we like bow ties- they're fancy)
2 cups and 1/2 cup, separated shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz bag of frozen peas
Handful of plain potato chips, crushed

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl. Stir soup, peas, tuna, and 2 cups cheese into pasta gently, being careful not to tear pasta too much. Stir until evenly combined. PLace in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed potato chips and 1/2 cup cheese. Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and browning.

Remove and enjoy!

For the Jell-O salad, just make one large box of orange Jell-O according to package instructions and place in the refrigerator. Keep checking on it, and when you see that it's starting to gel (should be around 3 hours after you first put it in the fridge, but the more you make, the longer this will take), stir a couple of handfuls of carrot slivers into the Jell-O and then return to fridge for at least another hour and a half. Remove from refrigerator just before dinner and enjoy!

My mouth is watering just thinking about getting to eat this on Thursday...mmmmmm...

This one comes from my mother's table to yours, this time folks! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Are you SURE your mom wasn't Mormon? That's a very Mormon meal ;)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete