Sunday, August 26, 2012

Simple Sabbaths - Consider the Lilies...


This is one of my favorite scriptures! I love the image of the Savior, sitting in the field surrounded by his followers who are hanging on his every word, while their children play around his feet. I imagine him teaching with love and compassion, like he was having a conversation with friends, not yelling and hollering over a pulpit. He used examples that they could easily see and relate to, and was inspired by the things around him - farmers, flowers, shepherds, birds...He loved his people and his message was expressed in a way that made it easy for them to come to him.  
Matthew 6:28-29
King James Version (KJV)
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

And I'm a worrier. Big time. Ask the Hubs. Lol. I can go from 0 to the end of the world in 2.5 seconds starting from pretty much anywhere, so I feel like this is one of those scriptures that leaps out from the page at me.

The wallpaper on my computer is a photograph of lilies of the valley so that, when my thoughts start spinning out of control into "the store is out of chips ergo my life is over" territory, I can more easily remember to "consider the lilies."


Have a wonderful Sabbath, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment