Monday, October 29, 2012

A Meal for Monday - Parmesan Basil Tomato Soup

Okay, so after last week's disaster (DISASTERONI), I have something for you that you will actually want to try. In order to redeem my Pinterest addiction, this one also came from there, so there is actually good stuff to be found on there. You just have to be aware of the yucky stuff and the too-good-to-be-true stuff (I'm looking, nay GLARING at you, mac 'n' cheese-in-a-mug).

This week I have something really yummy for you, and I couldn't be more pleased that this recipe turned out as well as it did. The Hubs got two helpings from this and that's only because he got to the Crock Pot in a hurry before it was gone (that's right- it was GONE and with a swiftness, too!). He liked it so much that I'm actually making this again (along with some spooky grilled cheese sandwiches!) when we feed the missionaries this Halloween Wednesday. It's definitely a meal that will be getting worked into our regular winter meal rotation. Hooray!

So. All that being said, you should know that I, like many of you, am in love with my Crock Pot. Like, so in love that I want to marry it. It's my FAVORITE APPLIANCE (don't tell my Kitchen Aid. I LOVE YOU KITCHEN AID!), and not only do I love my Crock Pot itself, I LOVE the customer service over at Rival. Let me tell you a little story about why I am a Rival customer for LIFE:

I received my Crock Pot as a wedding gift (my very FIRST wedding gift, as a matter of fact!) from my bestie and I LOVED it. I had wanted one for forever and I was so excited to get getting one! So fast forward a little under three years later and the latch on the lid breaks. I was sad, but the Pot itself still works just fine. In fact, a LOT of Crock Pots aren't even made to have a lid that stays attached to the base, so it's not like it integral to the function of the Pot, it was just nice when you had to add an ingredient or something to not have to take the lid all the way off. I still loved it and it was still 100% usable.


The Hubs decided to e-mail the company to see if they could just mail us a replacement hinge so that he could fix it (he's a fixer). The company said that they don't make that model anymore, but that they would be happy to send us a replacement Pot. FOR FREE. JUST LIKE THAT. Hubs assured them that the one that we had still worked just fine, but the company insisted that it was their "mistake" and that they would make it right. So they sent me a littler one that is PERFECT for soups, breakfast items, side dishes, etc and I love THAT one TOO! It had the digital timer/heat setting function (not just the knob thing) and a Keep Warm function, PLUS it came with this genius little Velcro strap for the lid so that it won't spill if I'm traveling with it (like to a pot luck at church or something). It's EXACTLY what I wanted (I had been hankering after  second Pot since I loved my first one so much so I could do side items, etc.). I was SO impressed!!! I will never buy another brand of Crock Pot. Ever. LOVE.

Anyways. 

I LOVE tomato soup. Love it. Especially with a lovely grilled cheese sandwich. Mmmm...there's just something so homey and comforting about that meal, especially when the temperature drops and the snow starts to fly. Imagine my delight when I found a slow cooker version of it on Pinterest! AND it was SUPER yummy! I decided to test this recipe out on my bestie and her whole family at their Sunday night get together that we always go to and it was a big hit! It was all gone and eaten up in about 15 minutes (seriously) and Hubs immediately requested that I make it again some time. I loved it too, so that was a no brainer.


Photo Credit: 
Clair Buys/BYU Magazine

From my table to yours, with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment