Thursday, October 18, 2012

OrganizaFUN - New Blog Series!

I. Am. SO EXCITED. I'm starting a brand-new blog series on Thursdays that I'll do until I run out of ideas. Which should be awhile. And I seriously am geeked about it.

See...I'm an organizational NERD. I'm ridiculously Type A- a place for everything and everything in its place is my mantra. Well, one of many mantras. That pertain to cleaning and organization. There're a few. lol. Hang in there with me.

I LOVE bringing order to chaos- I THRIVE on it. It soothes my soul to take something that has no visible pattern and order and setting it right. I can't really explain it super well because...well...how does one describe their own psychosis? (I kid. Kind of.) But it's deeply satisfying to me to bring things to order, to know that I made something beautifully simple and...orderly. 

This also means that I can be a bit of a control freak. Ahem. My husband is...not...as...orderly...as me. lol. It's a good thing that I'm home full-time now to keep an eye on things and to maintain things, because I don't function well in mess. And bless his heart, he is TRYING. He makes SUCH an effort! It just doesn't come as easily and naturally (and compulsively) as it does to me. 

(hee, hee)
I had the really awesome opportunity as last weekend's Stake Women's Conference to teach a class on organization and believe me, I was in HEAVEN. Seriously, it was my favorite day. I got to bring my label maker to church. That's a good day. lol. The only regret I had about what I spoke about is that I only had an hour to teach each class. Trust me, I could go on (and on and on and on) for HOURS (DAYS!) on this subject and I think that, thanks to a LOT of friendly sources out there, I have a lot of really good ideas to share. And hey, what's a blog for, anyways?

Which brings me to my blog series! I'm calling it "OganizaFUN" because we are going to have FUN getting everything in order! You will be AMAZED at the amount of extra free time (and space!) you have when you start pruning out everything but those things that you REALLY love and using your time more wisely, and getting that to happen doesn't have to be a torturous chore! I think a lot of people put off getting organized because they think that it will suck up a TON of their time ("I just don't have the time!") or that they'll be forced to drag Great Aunt Mimi's mahogany sideboard out to the curb. I promise you, neither of those things are true in this case. I'm all about laid back organization, taking it at your OWN pace, and finding methods that work with the life you HAVE NOW rather than trying to cram one more thing into your already-stuffed-full schedule. 

So are you ready? Ready to get your time, you space, your life, and your family in line? Are you ready to ENJOY your space again? Ready to rid yourself of past feelings of guilt and failure because you tried things before that didn't work out?

Then jump on board! Join me every Thursday for tips, hints, stories, and ideas! I'm full of 'em and I LOVE to share!

4 comments:

  1. I went to the women's conference thing and I can't wait to hear (read) more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I want to be more organized so I'm looking forward to your information! I hope things are going well for you guys. We kind of up and left Michigan without saying goodbye to anyone (which I feel sad about), but I still love keeping up with you on this blog. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of COURSE I don't mind! I'm glad to be able to keep in touch with you! Keep following along and commenting! :o)

      Delete