Friday, November 2, 2012

Citygirl/Farmgirl Fridays - It's SO Beautiful Out Here!


When the Hubs and I first moved out here, I was really, really nervous that I would hate it. I mean, we're about 20 minutes north of the closest grocery store, and half an hour from church (I end up doing most of my make up in the car. Early mornings are NOT my gifting, for sure) and my bestie's house. It feels pretty far removed from civilization sometimes. I'm even in a totally different "town," technically, meaning that when Hubs and I talk about going the places like the store we refer to going "to town." It's like Little House on the Prarie out here, you guys. I might start referring to the Hubs as "Pa" when Beanie makes his/her appearance.

But then...then. I fell in love with it. Completely and utterly. I love the way it just smells like fall out here in the evenings when the air is crisp and all of our surrounding neighbors have their wood furnaces stoked up so we can smell the oak and pine smoke wafting on the breeze. I love the way I can hear dry leaves from the trees of the woods that surround our house blowing around on the paving stones in the backyard when I'm drifting off to sleep. I love looking out the back window and seeing deer wandering down the paths in the woods behind our house.

And would you just look at this gorgeous sunset that Heavenly Father treated us to this evening? I just love the way the trees looked black against all the riotous color of the sky. It was, quite literally, breathtaking. I actually experienced a jaw dropping moment when I happened to glance up from organizing my recipes at my kitchen table and saw this glowing through my kitchen dining area windows. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice...the colors seemed to be on fire they were so vibrant.


Can you believe it?! This is my FRONT YARD you guys! I am so incredibly blessed and I am reminded of that every time I step outside my front door. Sometimes it's just refreshing to be reminded that Heavenly Father knows what I need better than I do. This isn't a life that I would have chosen for myself three years ago, but today? I wouldn't trade one single crazy, animal packed, hectic, hard scrabble, two-steps-forward-one-step-back moment of it.

This really and truly, for me, is the sweet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment