Monday, July 22, 2013

A Meal for Monday - Thanksgiving In a Pan

Hey all! Did you forget that I exist?! It's been three months since I've been here! I can't believe it...I'm so sorry. I, clearly, am a terrible blogger. I think you'll forgive me when you see what -or who rather- has been keeping me so busy, though!



I mean...could you just?! Seriously. He's the cutest. I just can't stop looking at him. And touching him. And playing with him. And smelling him. lol. All of which makes it a little difficult to type. Oh, and the crippling exhaustion that has come with having a newborn around the house has made it difficult for my brain for form cohesive thoughts as well. I'm sure you didn't want to read my half-garbled pleas for sleep at 3am while rocking the baby, am I right? Lol.

Good news, though! I'm back and full of ideas and energy! I've revamped the blog a bit, added some new features, and overall just given things a little face-lift. Take some time to snoop around my new tabs, too, to see some awesome resources that I've linked up for you!

And, as a bonus, I have a Meal for Monday for you today! I know, I know. Contain your shock, please.

I was craving comfort food in the days that I was trying to get my schedule back on track, and I stumbled across this little gem of a recipe. It's so easy and so yummy and so inexpensive! I made it with chicken since turkey is in short supply in July (ahem), but this recipe would also be an awesome one to trot out just after the real Thanksgiving to use up leftovers! It was a hit with The Hubs, which is my benchmark for whether a recipe sees the light of day again, so we'll be having this again soon! Yum yum!

I couldn't resist making mine in this adorbs little chicken dish that I have, either.
Photo courtesy of TasteofHome.com
Ingredients
45
  • 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
  • 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
  • 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
  • 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy
  • Pepper to taste

Directions

  • Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with turkey, beans, gravy and pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited to see him!!! What a cutie. Congratulations! I'd been wondering how things were going so it's good to see you back in blog land.

    ReplyDelete